Ultra-Violet light-based ozone production technology
Ster-O-Wave’s Ozone sterilizer using Ultraviolet Light Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) and Ozone
- SHORT PROCESSING TIME - Around 15 min. from door-close to door-open.
- LOW TEMPERATURE & DRY - Can sterilize gowns, masks and instruments. Items that can’t take high heat and moisture.
- SAFE MEDIUM - UV & Ozone are mediums to sterilize. The byproduct is oxygen.
- SIGNIFICANTLY LESS EXPENSIVE - Less staff time. Mobile & onsite access. Green, low energy costs
- Security of PPE - Provides higher security for individual to get their own PPE returned to them
OTHER STERLIZATION TECHNOLOGY ISSUES FOR PPE
|Issue||Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide (VHP)||Autoclave Steam Sterilization|
|Processing Time||Takes 8 hours or longer||Takes 1 hour|
|Wet||High moisture/wet process||High heat & moisture|
|Harmful||Caustic, dangerous chemicals that need to be aerated||Subjects instruments to high temp; destroy PPE plus potential serious burns|
|Expensive||High labor costs, complex logistical issues due to transport to/from off-site facility||Frequent maintenance & parts replacement, high labor costs|